Well well well what do we have here then, It was the opening night of Gamescom last night and boy did it deliver for us Dead Island Fans.
Finally, 8 years after the initial dead island 2 trailer Dambuster Studios braced us with not only a cinematic trailer but also gameplay, And if that didn’t get you all ready for that melee zombie action it also included a release date.
Since its announcement in 2014 the game has been in what I like to call development hell you can read more about that here or don’t I’m not your mum.
Below is the Official Dead island 2 CGI Trailer and Gameplay Trailer thanks to IGN
Dead Island 2 is a first-person action-RPG set in a glorious sun and blood-drenched setting – a hellish, yet stylish and vibrant, gore-ridden version of Los Angeles, nicknamed HELL-A. The series’ unique formula, dark humor, and over the top zombie-slaying returns, with all the swagger and charisma you’d expect from the Dead Island series.
A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, turning its inhabitants into ravenous zombies. The city is under quarantine and the military have retreated. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, you learn to harness the tainted zombie powers running through your veins. Only you, and the handful of other swaggering assholes who happen to be resistant to the pathogen, hold the future of Los Angeles (and humanity), in the balance. You were born for this.
Dead Island 2 Boasts features such as:
- Explore HELL-A – Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, stained with horror, in an exciting journey from the verdant suburbia of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach.
- Brutal Melee Sandbox – Combat delivers the most intense, visceral, and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and brutally tactical options to chew your way through the zombie horde. Whether you’re slicing, smashing, burning, or ripping, we want you to truly feel it.
- Be the Ultimate Zombie Slayer – There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogue. You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds.
- Zombie Infestation – Ready to experience the most advanced dismemberment system in games? HELL-A is crawling with zombies that look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the reanimated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2, coming in dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks, and hundreds of visual LA-themed variants. Our monsters are relentless, challenging, and true Los Angelinos. Will you be able to survive?
- A Cinematic Co-op Adventure – As a proper RPG experience, Dead Island 2 offers plenty of exciting quests, a crazy cast of characters, and a thrilling story packed with dark comedy to truly immerse you in its twisted universe. Re-playability is guaranteed. Add an over-the-top co-op mode for up to three players, and you’ll stay in HELL-A for a very long and gory trip.
Gamers in North America can also experience the debut Alexa game control, allowing you to use your voice to interact with the game. For more info on Alexa game control click here
Published by Deep Silver and developed by Dambuster Studios Dead island 2 is available to pre-order now and will release on the 3rd of February 2023 for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Playstation 4/5, Google Stadia, and PC via the Epic Games Store.
2 thoughts on “Dead Island 2 Awakened From The Dead”
Looking forward to this also 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Same I am hearing great things
LikeLiked by 1 person